Sunday, January 22, 2017

Mixed Media Canvas

Card making will always be my first love but recently, I've started to dabble in Mixed Media. Today, after getting the laundry demon defeated, I decided to make a canvas. I used a 5 x 7 canvas I picked up on sale at Hobby Lobby and an ephemera pack from Art C.

Here is the canvas after I had used a piece of map paper and Faber Castell Gelatos. This was the point I decided to put this on the blog.


I used some stamps to give a little life to the background and then splattered some white paint over everything. Looking back on it now, I think black splatters might have worked better.



While I waited for that to dry, I decided on which ephemera pack I wanted to use. ( I have several...I don't have a problem!) I like to use them because I sometimes struggle with finding elements that will work well together and those packets make it so easy to decide. Here is the one I used: 


I began to place items on the canvas to see if what I wanted to use would look nice together. 
This is where I got caught up in placing things and playing around and forgot to take pictures so I could make a blog post out of what I was doing. So here is the first layer all glued down and dried with the heat gun. I had a star in the lower right corner but didn't like it so much and replaced it with a key. I decided on the key after I had tied the bow and glued the string down. I think it turned out okay in the end, but I would have liked the bow and key on the same side. 


And again, I forgot to take pictures...There was a cute little envelope and photo negatives I combined with some word tags that were in the pack. (All the elements used on this canvas came from the ephemera pack, even the string).  

Here is the finished canvas: 




This was a nice way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. 

Thanks for stopping by! 





No comments:

Post a Comment